Sunday, April 21, 2013

39 Clues Medusa Plot

By Gordon Korman

I had not read any of the previous 39 clues books but picked this up on a whim. My daughter (9) really enjoys them.

I was happy that the plot didn't seem too confusing to a newbie to the series. I really enjoyed the pacing of the story and the plot. I was a little concerned at the level of violence; while nothing ever really bad seems to happen to the main characters, there was a fair amount of violence and suspense to other characters in the book. For that reason I don't think I will be allowing my daughter to move on to the second series right away, and I will want to go back and read a couple of the original series to make sure they're not too violent.

I found the plot to be refreshing and enjoyable. While the kids are independent of adults, it's not because the adults are incompetent, as can be seen in other books, rather that the mystery is for kids.

No comments: