Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Hatteras Girl

by Alice Wisler

ISBN 978 0 7642 07327

Jackie Donovan is in love with a closed bed and breakfast in her North Carolina town. She also would love to find her soul mate.

This soul-searching book is a little predictable in that I could totally call it from the beginning as to the plot, but it was still an enjoyable read.  The characters were well-rounded and I appreciated some of the less-talked-about parts of being an adult (sometimes you don't like other people's kids, at all) and other interesting parts of the story.

I also thought the topic of "What to do when God doesn't answer your prayers when or how you think He should?" was a good one and I thought her answers were pretty good.

Recommended.

This book was provided to me by Bethany House Publishers for my honest review.

No comments: