Monday, September 20, 2010

Spindle's End

by Robin McKinley

Robin McKinley is one of my personal favorite authors.  She has a way of re-imagining fairy tales that takes something you thought you knew, thanks to Disney, and taking it to a whole new level of awesome.

Spindle's End is, at its bare bones, the story of Sleeping Beauty.  A story which I am not very fond of when Disney does it.  But Robin McKinley took this story and made it amazing.

I have re-read this book many times and each time I am glad I read it.  The characters are very well-developed, and the end, which we all know, is even more mysterious and intriguing each time I pick the book up.  In fact reviewing it is making me want to read it again.

Highly recommended for teens and up.

1 comment:

Kim P. said...

Hmm..have a copy I can borrow? Looks like my library doesn't have it. Although I understand if it's a favorite you might not want to lend it out!