Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Roar! A Christian Family Guide to the Chronicles of Narnia

by Heather Kopp

Regardless of the fact that CS Lewis insisted that he did not add as many allegorical references to his books as people see, I am happy to find a book that does draw parallels to Christianity. 

This is a very well done comprehension guide.  Every chapter has a few lessons and talking points from the chapter, with a few Scriptural references to tie in.

I wouldn't do this every night with our reading because part of the joy of reading to my kids is just soaking in the story, but when I have tried it I have had good results with discussing things with my kids.  It's basically the same things I would discuss on my own with them if I weren't so lazy to come up with them.

Recommended.

No comments: