Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Prophecy

Wow. If you ever wanted to be dropped right into the middle of a horror story then this is the book for you.  I used to read a lot of horror in high school- started with Christopher Pike and moved on up to Stephen King before I was done with that genre.

I would definitely say that this book falls right in with that category of writing.  The interesting thing is that this is also Christian, supposedly.  At least they talk about God.

Earlier when writing about fashion I mentioned that sometimes it's hard to relate Christianity with secular topics.  This seems to be another one that's hard for me.  If it's so scary with not much redemption it seems counter-intuitive to call it Christian.  I am not finished reading this though so we'll see if the next 100 pages make it a little better.

UPDATE: I just couldn't seem to get through this book. I could only ever read about 2 pages at a time before I was too scared, and was starting to have nightmares. I don't know if my brain just can't handle horror anymore, or if this book was a subset of the genre that I can't read, but for my own sanity I had to stop reading. I wish I had been able to finish it...

Thanks to Pam at Zondervan for providing a copy of this book for me to review.

No comments: