Saturday, July 24, 2010

The Aedyn Chronicles: Chosen Ones

by Alister McGrath
ISBN 9780310718123

Fiction, fantasy, young adult

The Chosen Ones is an allegorical fantasy showing us the battle that people go through when deciding whether to be on God's team or not.

This was the first in a series, and I was glad to see that it did not end in a cliff hanger. The writing was simplistic and unpolished. I found the story to be an okay plot, but I am fairly picky in my fantasy expectations.

Two children find a pool in the backyard of their vacation home and fall through it into another world. They are assigned a quest to save the kingdom and even have a prophecy about them.

There were a few typos and it really wasn't a book that I would read again, but if you are looking for a light fantasy this is a good choice for you.

Thanks to Pam at Zondervan for providing a copy of this book for me to review.

No comments: