Monday, September 14, 2009

Love Has A Face

By Michele Perry
ISBN: 978 0800794781

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself."

Michele Perry's book "Love Has A Face" is a reminder of God's great love for us and a testimony of what his love is doing in Sudan.

Michele is a missionary at an orphanage and she shares stories and lessons learned from her time there. She is constantly reminding us that Jesus Christ died on the cross to redeem us from our sins and give us eternal life. He's coming back to take his believers to heaven.

This book helped me remember the faces of people I help, and that they are individuals, not just good deeds done.


Recommended



Win this book! Leave a comment on this post before Tuesday, September 21, and let me know what intrigues you about the book. I will randomly draw a winner on Tuesday next week.

6 comments:

Brent said...

i am intrigued because I have often thought that the purest form of mission work is working for poor children. Here in Japan it is so hard to get to people who are in need.

Treehouse-Dweller said...

I think the theme of trying to bring Christ's love across a language and/or cultural barrier sounds fascinating! It is surely a huge learning experience for anyone involved.

Kim P. said...

I know very little about Sudan. I'd really enjoy a book that encourages me spiritually while also helping me look outside my small cultural circle.

Julie said...

Hi Sarah, I'm so glad you're still doing book reviews. Please don't enter me in your fantastic contest, because I know shipping to Australia would be too costly. :( But thank you so much for sharing more great book reviews -I thought it was so cool the Author found your review about her book the other day.

I haven't read this book, but as I've felt rather jaded about Missionaries as of late, I think it would be great to read an inspirational book like this. If you have any other recommendations, or even missionary blogs along similar lines I'd love to read them. Jaded is not a fun place to be but too much experience watching college students waste other peoples money on extended holidays, er I mean missionary work, kind of does that to you.

Cheers! ~Julie

Daniel said...

I am not at a very serving time in my life. I think that's sad, and I want to change it. I would like to give my children more than the respect I have for service, but memories, experiences, habits, understanding, love for others. I want to actually give myself to others, not just esteem those who do and wish to be like them.

Emily said...

The kids and I are reading At The Edge of The Village and have been awed by what Wycliffe missionary families go through to translate God's Word. I'd love to read this book, too!