Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Libyrinth

By Pearl North
ISBN 9780765320964

Young Adult Fiction
Not recommended

I thought it was only fair that I put a review up of a book that I was not impressed with.

The basic premise of this book was intriguing: in the future there is a city that cares for books of the Ancients. One girl can hear the words (think quotes from Charlotte's Web for example) of all the books. There is one particular book that can save the "good" people from the "bad" people.

All good so far.

Then suddenly we have a torture scene. This is supposedly a young adult book but the author is going into great detail about the electric and knife torture.

I have enough crummy stuff in my life without reading a torture scene. That ended this book for me. I will never know if good triumphs over evil in this book.

NOT RECOMMENDED

No comments: