Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Latter-Day Cipher

By Latayne C. Scott
ISBN 9780802456793

Fiction/Suspense

I have admired the writings of Latayne Scott in the past and when I found out about her new book I was immediately intrigued.

This is a murder mystery that also draws the reader into little-known facts about Mormonism. I found myself unwilling to stop reading each night to find out the conclusion to the story.

Set in Utah, the protagonist is an out-of-state journalist who is roped into reporting on a group of murders. She uncovers clues about the murderer and deals with some issues in her own life as well.

I was very impressed with the writing and the story. I cannot recommend this book any more highly.

2 comments:

Latayne C Scott said...

I am so grateful for your wonderful review. I'm curious, how did you come across the book?

I've outlined a sequel -- hope you will enjoy it too.

Again, my thanks!

Latayne C Scott
www.latayne.com
novelmatters.blogspot.com

Sarah said...

My good friend Amy P. let me know you had published it. I have owned Mormon Mirage for quite some time and my grandfather Hal Hougey was an expert in Mormonism, so I had an interest in your book.