Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Lost Prince

by Frances Hodgson Burnett
ISBN: 0140367543

I really enjoyed this book. It's by the author of The Secret Garden and The Little Princess, and it's very well done. I can see why it's not as popular as the other two books, but I still really enjoyed it immensely. A young boy is raised to be a patriot of his country, and devotes himself to learning constantly. A huge mystery surrounds his homeland because the rightful leader has disappeared, and every generation longs for the return of the Lost Prince.

My favorite idea from this book was that children can be strong and learn and be dedicated just as adults can. The author doesn't insult adults, but she shows how a young preteen can be faithful and courageous in the face of trials.

I highly recommend this book.

No comments: