Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Music through the floor

by Eric Puchner
ISBN: 9780743270465

Genre: Short stories

I was not impressed with this book. I picked it up mainly because of the title; I love music so much that I have to hope that any book with music in the title will be good. The first story, "Children of God," was pretty good. I found it an interesting look at a young man who is a caretaker of mentally disabled people.

The next two I read were about young high school students but I thought the themes were quite mature. Yes, I know that young people sleep around and do things that are not very morally good, but I just don't like to read about it. I will still go back and read the one about the ESL teacher because that's what I am, but I don't think I'm going to read all of them.

4 out of 10.

No comments: