Monday, January 15, 2007

The Memory Keeper's Daughter

Author: Kim Edwards
ISBN: 0143037145
Genre: Fiction

The father is a doctor. On a snowy night he delivers his twins and realizes one of them has Down Syndrome. Since it is 1964, he thinks the best thing would be for the little girl to live in a home for disabled people. He sends the nurse to the home with the little girl, and tells his wife that the girl has died.

A heart-wrenching decision to make, and a sad way to begin a novel. I read it with bated breath, waiting to see how the story would turn out. I must say that the main thing I took out of this story was that secrets hurt people. I am a firm believer in telling the truth and it makes me so sad when lies are told.

I liked the information about photography; I'm not a photographer myself but it was an interesting take on life.

Recommended

2 comments:

Angela O. said...

You also have to learn to forgive to move forward with your own life. I would like to see what happens at the end. I'll have to borrow this from you when I finish my book pile.

Pendullum said...

Sounds like a good read...